Protect yourself from fraud on the Internet by identifying and avoiding internet scams and phishing attempts.
When in doubt, ask the intended recipient for more information about the purpose and safety of the requested payment. Do not send the payment until you are comfortable with the transaction.
To avoid payment scams:
- Do not do business with a seller that directs you off Jusere. A legitimate Jusere.com seller transaction will never occur off Jusere.
- Do not send money--by cash, wire transfer, Western Union, PayPal, MoneyGram or other means, including by Jusere Account balance--to a seller who claims that Jusere or Jusere Payments will guarantee the transaction, refund your funds if you are not satisfied with the purchase, or hold your funds in escrow.
- Do not make a payment to claim lottery or prize winnings, or on a promise of receiving a large amount of money.
- Do not make a payment because you are "guaranteed" a credit card or loan.
- Do not respond to an Internet or phone offer that you aren't sure is honest.
- Do not make a payment to someone you don't know or whose identity you can't verify.
- Do not respond to emails that ask you to provide account information, such as your e-mail address and password combination. Jusere will never ask you for personal information. To learn more, see About Identifying Whether an E-mail is from Jusere.